Food, Nutrition and Health Tips from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Building a healthy plate is easy when you make half your plate fruits and vegetables. It’s also a great way to add color, flavor and texture plus vitamins, minerals and fiber. All this is packed in fruits and vegetables that are low in calories and fat. Make 2 cups of fruit and 2 1/2 cups of vegetables your daily goal. Try the following tips to enjoy more fruits and vegetables every day.
- Variety abounds when using vegetables as pizza topping. Try broccoli, spinach, green peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms and zucchini.
- Mix up a breakfast smoothie made with low-fat milk, frozen strawberries and a banana.
- Make a veggie wrap with roasted vegetables and low-fat cheese rolled in a whole-wheat tortilla.
- Try crunchy vegetables instead of chips with your favorite low-fat salad dressing for dipping.
- Grill colorful vegetable kabobs…
View original post 402 more words